- 1 Tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp rapeseed oil
- 250g sushi short grain rice, washed well 450ml filtered water
- 1 medium carrot, top and tailed, sliced to julienne
- ½ cucumber, middle discarded, sliced to julienne
- 1 medium organic egg, beaten
- 1 spring onion, top and tailed, finely sliced 1 piece Nori
- 2 Tbsp Lee Kum Kee Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp toasted white sesame seeds
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch caster sugar
Dipping: Lee Kum Kee Sweet Soy Sauce or Chiu Chow Chilli Oil
- To cook the sushi rice, place the washed rice in a medium pan, add the pure sesame oil and the water - bring to the boil. Then turn the heat to low, place a lid on top and cook for 15 minutes. Remove the lid, fluff up the rice and transfer to a tray, then cool for 10-15 minutes at room temperature.
- Prepare the pickled julienne cucumber and carrot pieces by marinating it in rice vinegar, mirin, salt and sugar. Sprinkle over toasted sesame seeds.
- For the Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce omelette, mix the beaten egg, spring onion and Oyster Sauce in a bowl. Heat a small wok or pan over medium heat. Add the rapeseed oil, give the oil a swirl and pour in the Oyster Sauce egg mixture. Cook for 40 seconds on one side, and flip to cook the other side, then place onto a plate.
- Lay a bamboo sushi mat lined with cling film on a clean work surface. Add a thin layer of the sushi rice, place the Oyster Sauce omelette on the next layer, then the pickled cucumber and carrot, then top with the nori, and bring the two pieces of the bamboo mat towards the middle and roll together.
- Remove the cling film and serve immediately.
- Dip with Lee Kum Kee Sweet Soy Sauce or Lee Kum Kee Chiu Chow Chilli Oil before eating.