Recipe- Lizzie Mabbott’s Pork and Chive Moneybags [Serves 4]
Date: 08 October, 2020
- 190g minced pork
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 packet of filo pastry
- 1 packet of chives
- 1 Tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated and diced finely
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 spring onion, sliced finely
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced 3cm ginger, peeled and minced
- A large pinch of white pepper
- A pinch of sugar
- 1 Tbsp Lee Kum Kee Chilli Garlic Sauce
- 4 Tbsp Lee Kum Kee Sweet Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Lee Kum Kee Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 4 Tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 160°C fan/ gas mark 4.
- Mix the minced pork with the marinade.
- Cut a sheet of filo pastry into eight 10cm x 10cm squares. Brush four squares with the melted butter and lay the other four squares on top of each offset in a diamond shape.
- Add 2 tsp of the pork mixture in the middle of the pastry. Gather the opposite edges together, until they are bunched. Tie with a chive and place on a baking tray lined with parchment. Repeat with the remaining filo pastry and mixture, aiming for 16 moneybags.
- Brush the outsides of the filo pastry with melted butter and bake for 12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Incorporate all the ingredients in the sauce mix and spoon into a dipping bowl to serve.