Recipe - Sandy Tang’s Lemon Shredded Chicken Noodle [Serves 2]
Date: 08 October, 2020
- 2 x 250g chicken legs, seasoned
- 3 Tbsp Sichuan peppercorn oil
- 125g or 2 nests of wholewheat noodles, cooked (follow the instructions on the packet)
- 5 dried chillies, crushed
- A handful of coriander, chopped Roasted peanuts, crushed
- 4 Tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Light Soy Sauce
- ½ Tbsp Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp Lee Kum Kee Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- ½ lemon, juice and grated zest
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Season the chicken with salt overnight or 30 minutes before cooking.
- Boil water in a sauce pan over a high heat. Once boiling, add a pinch of salt followed by the chicken legs, ensuring the water covers the chicken. Put the lid on and let it simmer for 30-40 minutes until they are cooked thoroughly. (Tip: you can use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. Aim for 77- 79°C, so it is completely off the bone).
- Remove the chicken legs from the pot and pat them dry with kitchen towels. Set aside to cool before shredding with two forks or your fingers.
- Add Sichuan peppercorn oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the crushed dry chillies along with the seeds and keep stirring for 3-5 minutes before removing from heat.
- Combine the ingredients in the sauce mix and the fried chillies in a mixing bowl.
- Add the shredded chicken into the mixing bowl and give it a good toss.
- Cook the noodles as per pack instructions.
- Place the noodles on a plate, followed by the shredded chicken. Garnish with coriander, sprinkle with crushed peanuts.