Frozen & Chilled Product Delivery Terms
Please make sure you have read all of below before placing your order. Thank you
Frozen Items Delivery Service Resuming
From 7th of July 2021, Starry Mart Online Shop will resume the UK mainland frozen products delivery service. All orders containing Frozen Products will be dispatched on Wednesdays. The cut-off time for Frozen Product orders is 10 am every Tuesday.
We CANNOT ship frozen items to - areas outside of mainland United Kingdom, (including Highlands, Islands of Scotland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Isles of Scilly) and any other EU countries.
Please note, we do not advice to order frozen/chilled products if you are aware of the difficulties in gaining access to the property when delivering.
For orders containing frozen items
Frozen orders are expected to be delivered every Thursday (next day morning delivery service). If you have ordered frozen products, please ensure that you are able to receive your order on Thursday.
For orders only containing chilled items
Chilled orders are expected to be delivered from Tuesday to Friday weekly. If you have ordered chilled products, please ensure that you are able to receive your order.
For orders containing both frozen and chilled items
As the order contains frozen items, it will be delivered on Thursdays.
However, in some exceptional cases:
- Road closure
- Insufficient dry ice supply
- Severe weather conditions
Starry Mart reserves the right to hold the order until the problems have cleared.
We use sustainable materials such as polystyrene foam boxes to pack our frozen and chilled products. It is to ensure the quality of the goods on arrival. We also use dry ice for frozen products and ice packs for chilled products to maintain the temperature during delivery. The purpose of this is to make sure products are in controlled temperature when reaching our customers.
Duration of dry ice/ice-packs
Frozen packaging genuinely can last around 24 hours starting from the day of dispatching. Starry Mart will not guarantee the quality of the goods after 24 hours.
When your parcel arrives
Customers must transfer all the frozen products to the freezer and chilled products to the fridge immediately after arrival.
Delivery notes from courier
You will receive a delivery note from the courier by email. Please read the email carefully and follow the instruction provided.
Customers must make sure they are home to sign for the frozen/chilled parcel. * Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a more convenient time for the delivery of your order if required for chilled orders. Please note that once chilled/frozen orders have been dispatched and collected, you will not be able to modify the delivery time.
Defrost/ damaged items
The dry ice we provide is to maintain the temperature of frozen goods. It genuinely lasts up to 24 hours. When arrived, the frozen items may be slightly defrosted on the surface, this is totally normal. It is highly unlikely for frozen items to get completely defrost or damaged.
*Starry Mart will NOT be responsible for the damage/ defrost of any chilled or frozen items under the following situation:
- -If the customer decided to re-arrange the delivery time for the parcel (containing frozen/chilled products) which has caused the frozen/chilled products to defrost and/or become spoiled.
- -If the delivery has failed due to an incorrect address, no available recipients or the shipping address is not accessible (e.g. flat/house with communal locked gate)
- -If the customer failed to receive delivery notification from Starry Mart or appointed courier (e.g. Delivery status/notification email ending up in customer’s Spam mail, wrong email address, etc)
- -If the frozen/ chilled items are spoiled due to the delay in collecting the parcel from the reception area (if present) at the shipping address. (This is not a fault of the courier)
- -Lost parcel due to customer instruction to leave the parcel unattended.
- -Damaged item NOT reported to Starry Mart within 2 hours of receiving the parcel.
- -Failed delivery NOT reported within 1 hour after the noticed deliver time slot provided by the courier.
***Customers need to check the delivery status with given tracking number. Delivery notification will be sent from Starry Mart dispatching system and our courier. Tracking number can also be found in customer’s Starry Mart’s order history.
*Starry Mart will only be responsible for the damage/ defrost of any chilled or frozen items under the following situations:
- -Parcel not delivered on the expected delivery date due to carrier fault, provided customer must report failed delivery within 1 hour of the noticed time slot provided by the courier.
- -Lost parcel due to courier left unattended unless was instructed by the customer.
- -Parcel delivered to the wrong address by courier by mistake, excepted the flat reception.
- -Product damaged during the transit and reported to Starry Mart within 2 hours of receiving.
* Any refund due to failed delivery by a carrier will be investigated and communicated with the selected courier. Starry Mart will grant the final refund once the courier has confirmed the delivery status.
Please note, dry ice is a form of gas to maintain the temperature, it will dissolve in the air after 24 hours.