- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 aubergine, chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into large rough squares
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into large rough squares
- 5cm piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 spring onions, whites cut into
- 2 inch pieces, and greens sliced finely
- 100ml + 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 200ml water
- ½ tsp sugar
- A small handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- Steamed rice
- 1 Tbsp Lee Kum Kee Chiu Chow Chilli Oil to serve (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Light Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Dark Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Shaoxing rice wine
- Heat 100ml cooking oil in a wok until sizzling but not smoking. Add the potato pieces and fry on a medium high heat until brown on each side (about 4 minutes). Place on a plate with a piece of kitchen towel.
- Repeat with the aubergine, frying until brown (about 4 minutes) and place on a plate with a piece of kitchen towel. At this point, the aubergine may have soaked up all the oil, in which case add 1 Tbsp back into the wok.
- Add the ginger, garlic and spring onion whites and stir-fry until fragrant, then add the peppers.
- Add the Shaoxing rice wine and keep stir-frying for a minute, then add the potatoes and Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce, Lee Kum Kee Premium Light and Dark Soy Sauces, sugar and 200ml water. Over a medium heat, cook for 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Add the aubergine and stir again, cook for a further 5 minutes on a lower heat with the lid on, stirring occasionally. If it is looking dry, add 25ml of water each time. The sauce should be glossy and thick, not watery.
- When the potatoes are tender, remove from the heat and garnish with the spring onion greens and coriander.
Lee Kum Kee Chiu Chow Chilli Oil (optional) and steamed rice.