Recipe - Grandma’s Red Braised Pork Belly [Serves 2]
- 350g pork belly with skin
- 4 slices of ginger
- 5 Tbsp sliced spring onions, sliced to julienne
- 2 tsp oil
1 Tbsp Lee Kum Kee Double Deluxe Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Dark Soy Sauce
40g crystal sugar 350ml water (just enough to cover the pork belly)
- Wash the pork belly, remove any excessive hair (could use a torch for convenience), slice the pork belly into 3cm thick chunks. Put in boiling water to remove excessive dirt and oil, until the surface of the pork turns brown and slightly cooked.
- Put oil in the pot over a medium heat, once the oil is sizzling hot, stir-fry the ginger and spring onions until fragrant. Add the pork belly, fry until golden brown.
- Add the sauce mix, stir well and put the lid on. Leave it to simmer over a medium heat for an hour until the sauce is thick and it is ready.
Little tips: For your convenience, you could also consider using the Lee Kum Kee Red Braising Sauce. Our secret recipe and formula was created with modernised technology by our experienced specialist. You would be able to conveniently create this traditional dish. For extra flavor, you could add 1 tsp of Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce.