Recipe- Korean Bulgogi Beef Bowl [Serves 2]
- 2 x 227g rib eye steak sliced and marinated
- 500g brown rice, cooked
- 2 eggs, fried
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 60g carrots, shredded
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- 2 Tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Light Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Gochujang (Korean chilli paste)
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided into two
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 15g ginger, finely diced
- 1 egg
- Marinate the sliced rib eye steak overnight or at least 30 minutes using the marinade before cooking.
- Add 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil in a hot pan over medium-high heat. Add the marinated sliced beef into the pan, and stir-fry for about 6 minutes or until it is thoroughly cooked. Then remove it from the pan and place it in a bowl.
- Using the same pan, add 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil over medium heat. Add onions and ginger, stir-fry for about 2-3 minutes until onions are softened.
- Finish off by adding the cooked beef and give it a quick stir until they are mixed evenly
Place the cooked brown rice in two separate bowls. Add cucumber and carrots on the side, then the cooked beef in the center, followed by a fried egg on top if you wish. Finally, garnish with sesame seeds.